Do you want to start using homemade cosmetics? We suggest you start with a 100% natural recipe that you can use every day: moisturising cream. Let's get started!
Even if you want to start creating natural and homemade products, it's not always easy to find the ingredients and, above all, to find a recipe that is both easy and effective.
Among the first recipes to be made after homemade laundry, we often find cosmetic care products. The reason? If you buy them in supermarkets or shops, they are often very expensive and toxic.
The advantages of homemade
Making your own cosmetic products allows you to save a lot of money, but not only that. Making your own products at home also means replacing chemical and toxic cosmetics with healthier and natural products. Lastly, home-made products also allow you to take an ecological approach and thus reduce your daily waste.
Gone are the plastic bottles, with homemade products, you will opt for glass containers for your products.
How to make a natural moisturiser?
If you want to make a moisturising cream, suitable for your body and face, here is a natural recipe:
- 25g of vegetable oil (Jojoba, coconut, sweet almond...)
- 25g floral water (rose, cornflower...)
- 2g of beeswax
Steps of the recipe:
- Place the oil in a glass or ceramic container. Heat it in a bain-marie.
- Melt the wax in the oil, still in a bain-marie
- Remove the container from the water bath
- Add the water and beat with a fork until an emulsion is obtained.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes and stir.
- Leave to cool for several hours and it's ready!
- You can put your cream in the fridge if you want it to harden more quickly.
So, are you ready to start making your own?